Synonyms of ancient
- 1. ancient, antediluvian, oldster, old person, senior citizen, golden ager
- usage: a very old person
- 2. ancient, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person who lived in ancient times
- 1. ancient, past (vs. present) (vs. future)
- usage: belonging to times long past especially of the historical period before the fall of the Western Roman Empire; "ancient history"; "ancient civilizations such as those of the Etruscans and Sumerians"; "ancient Greece"
- 2. ancient, old (vs. young)
- usage: very old; "an ancient mariner"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of ancient (Dictionary)