Synonyms of animate
- 1. inspire, animate, invigorate, enliven, exalt, stimulate, shake, shake up, excite, stir
- usage: heighten or intensify; "These paintings exalt the imagination"
- 2. animize, animise, animate, change, alter, modify
- usage: give lifelike qualities to; "animated cartoons"
- 3. enliven, liven, liven up, invigorate, animate, stimulate, arouse, brace, energize, energise, perk up
- usage: make lively; "let's liven up this room a bit"
- 4. animate, recreate, reanimate, revive, renovate, repair, quicken, vivify, revivify, stimulate, arouse, brace, energize, energise, perk up
- usage: give new life or energy to; "A hot soup will revive me"; "This will renovate my spirits"; "This treatment repaired my health"
- 1. animate (vs. inanimate)
- usage: belonging to the class of nouns that denote living beings; "the word `dog' is animate"
- 2. animate (vs. inanimate)
- usage: endowed with animal life as distinguished from plant life; "we are animate beings"
- 3. sentient (vs. insentient), animate, sensate
- usage: endowed with feeling and unstructured consciousness; "the living knew themselves just sentient puppets on God's stage"- T.E.Lawrence
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of animate (Dictionary)