Synonyms of anticipate
- 1. expect, anticipate, evaluate, pass judgment, judge
- usage: regard something as probable or likely; "The meteorologists are expecting rain for tomorrow"
- 2. anticipate, foresee, forestall, counter, act, move
- usage: act in advance of; deal with ahead of time
- 3. anticipate, previse, foreknow, foresee, know
- usage: realize beforehand
- 4. predict, foretell, prognosticate, call, forebode, anticipate, promise, guess, venture, pretend, hazard
- usage: make a prediction about; tell in advance; "Call the outcome of an election"
- 5. anticipate, look for, look to, expect, look, await, wait
- usage: be excited or anxious about
- 6. anticipate, happen, hap, go on, pass off, occur, pass, fall out, come about, take place
- usage: be a forerunner of or occur earlier than; "This composition anticipates Impressionism"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of anticipate (Dictionary)