Synonyms of antique
- 1. old-timer, oldtimer, gaffer, old geezer, antique, old man, greybeard, graybeard, Methuselah
- usage: an elderly man
- 2. antique, antiquity
- usage: any piece of furniture or decorative object or the like produced in a former period and valuable because of its beauty or rarity
- 1. antique, shop, browse
- usage: shop for antiques; "We went antiquing on Saturday"
- 2. antique, antiquate, change, alter, modify
- usage: give an antique appearance to; "antique furniture"
- 1. antique, old (vs. new)
- usage: made in or typical of earlier times and valued for its age; "the beautiful antique French furniture"
- 2. antique, demode, ex, old-fashioned, old-hat(predicate), outmoded, passe, passee, unfashionable (vs. fashionable), unstylish
- usage: out of fashion; "a suit of rather antique appearance"; "demode (or outmoded) attire"; "outmoded ideas"
- 3. age-old, antique, old (vs. new)
- usage: belonging to or lasting from times long ago; "age-old customs"; "the antique fear that days would dwindle away to complete darkness"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of antique (Dictionary)