Synonyms of appeal
- 1. entreaty, prayer, appeal, request, asking
- usage: earnest or urgent request; "an entreaty to stop the fighting"; "an appeal for help"; "an appeal to the public to keep calm"
- 2. appeal, appealingness, charm, attractiveness
- usage: attractiveness that interests or pleases or stimulates; "his smile was part of his appeal to her"
- 3. appeal, proceeding, legal proceeding, proceedings
- usage: (law) a legal proceeding in which the appellant resorts to a higher court for the purpose of obtaining a review of a lower court decision and a reversal of the lower court's judgment or the granting of a new trial; "their appeal was denied in the superior court"
- 4. solicitation, appeal, collection, ingathering, request, petition, postulation
- usage: request for a sum of money; "an appeal to raise money for starving children"
- 1. appeal, challenge
- usage: take a court case to a higher court for review; "He was found guilty but appealed immediately"
- 2. appeal, invoke, request, bespeak, call for, quest
- usage: request earnestly (something from somebody); ask for aid or protection; "appeal to somebody for help"; "Invoke God in times of trouble"
- 3. attract, appeal
- usage: be attractive to; "The idea of a vacation appeals to me"; "The beautiful garden attracted many people"
- 4. appeal, challenge, take exception
- usage: challenge (a decision); "She appealed the verdict"
- 5. invoke, appeal, mention, advert, bring up, cite, name, refer
- usage: cite as an authority; resort to; "He invoked the law that would save him"; "I appealed to the law of 1900"; "She invoked an ancient law"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of appeal (Dictionary)