Synonyms of appealing
- 1. appeal, challenge
- usage: take a court case to a higher court for review; "He was found guilty but appealed immediately"
- 2. appeal, invoke, request, bespeak, call for, quest
- usage: request earnestly (something from somebody); ask for aid or protection; "appeal to somebody for help"; "Invoke God in times of trouble"
- 3. attract, appeal
- usage: be attractive to; "The idea of a vacation appeals to me"; "The beautiful garden attracted many people"
- 4. appeal, challenge, take exception
- usage: challenge (a decision); "She appealed the verdict"
- 5. invoke, appeal, mention, advert, bring up, cite, name, refer
- usage: cite as an authority; resort to; "He invoked the law that would save him"; "I appealed to the law of 1900"; "She invoked an ancient law"
- 1. appealing (vs. unappealing), attention-getting, catchy, attractive
- usage: able to attract interest or draw favorable attention; "He added an appealing and memorable figure to popular American mythology"- Vincent Starrett; "an appealing sense of humor"; "the idea of having enough money to retire at fifty is very appealing"
- 2. sympathetic (vs. unsympathetic), appealing, likeable, likable
- usage: (of characters in literature or drama) evoking empathic or sympathetic feelings; "the sympathetic characters in the play"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of appealing (Dictionary)