Synonyms of appear
- 1. look, appear, seem, be
- usage: give a certain impression or have a certain outward aspect; "She seems to be sleeping"; "This appears to be a very difficult problem"; "This project looks fishy"; "They appeared like people who had not eaten or slept for a long time"
- 2. appear
- usage: come into sight or view; "He suddenly appeared at the wedding"; "A new star appeared on the horizon"
- 3. appear, come out, happen, materialize, materialise
- usage: be issued or published; "Did your latest book appear yet?"; "The new Woody Allen film hasn't come out yet"
- 4. appear, seem, be
- usage: seem to be true, probable, or apparent; "It seems that he is very gifted"; "It appears that the weather in California is very bad"
- 5. appear, come along
- usage: come into being or existence, or appear on the scene; "Then the computer came along and changed our lives"; "Homo sapiens appeared millions of years ago"
- 6. appear, perform, execute, do
- usage: appear as a character on stage or appear in a play, etc.; "Gielgud appears briefly in this movie"; "She appeared in `Hamlet' on the London stage"
- 7. appear
- usage: present oneself formally, as before a (judicial) authority; "He had to appear in court last month"; "She appeared on several charges of theft"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of appear (Dictionary)