Synonyms of appease
- 1. pacify, lenify, conciliate, assuage, appease, mollify, placate, gentle, gruntle, calm, calm down, quiet, tranquilize, tranquillize, tranquillise, quieten, lull, still
- usage: cause to be more favorably inclined; gain the good will of; "She managed to mollify the angry customer"
- 2. quell, stay, appease, meet, satisfy, fill, fulfill, fulfil
- usage: overcome or allay; "quell my hunger"
- 3. propitiate, appease, reconcile, patch up, make up, conciliate, settle
- usage: make peace with
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of appease (Dictionary)