Synonyms of applied
- 1. use, utilize, utilise, apply, employ
- usage: put into service; make work or employ for a particular purpose or for its inherent or natural purpose; "use your head!"; "we only use Spanish at home"; "I can't use this tool"; "Apply a magnetic field here"; "This thinking was applied to many projects"; "How do you utilize this tool?"; "I apply this rule to get good results"; "use the plastic bags to store the food"; "He doesn't know how to use a computer"
- 2. apply, hold, go for, refer, pertain, relate, concern, come to, bear on, touch, touch on, have-to doe with
- usage: be pertinent or relevant or applicable; "The same laws apply to you!"; "This theory holds for all irrational numbers"; "The same rules go for everyone"
- 3. apply, request, bespeak, call for, quest
- usage: ask (for something); "He applied for a leave of absence"; "She applied for college"; "apply for a job"
- 4. put on, apply, cover
- usage: apply to a surface; "She applied paint to the back of the house"; "Put on make-up!"
- 5. lend oneself, apply
- usage: be applicable to; as to an analysis; "This theory lends itself well to our new data"
- 6. give, apply, distribute, administer, mete out, deal, parcel out, lot, dispense, shell out, deal out, dish out, allot, dole out
- usage: give or convey physically; "She gave him First Aid"; "I gave him a punch in the nose"
- 7. practice, apply, use
- usage: avail oneself to; "apply a principle"; "practice a religion"; "use care when going down the stairs"; "use your common sense"; "practice non-violent resistance"
- 8. enforce, implement, apply, compel, oblige, obligate
- usage: ensure observance of laws and rules; "Apply the rules to everyone";
- 9. apply, denote, refer
- usage: refer (a word or name) to a person or thing; "He applied this racial slur to me!"
- 10. apply, give, dedicate, consecrate, commit, devote
- usage: apply oneself to; "Please apply yourself to your homework"
- 1. applied (vs. theoretical), forensic, practical
- usage: concerned with concrete problems or data rather than with fundamental principles; "applied physics"; "applied psychology"; "technical problems in medicine, engineering, economics and other applied disciplines"- Sidney Hook
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of applied (Dictionary)