WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. appoint, name, nominate, constitute, establish, found, plant, constitute, institute
- usage: create and charge with a task or function; "nominate a committee"
- 2. appoint, charge
- usage: assign a duty, responsibility or obligation to; "He was appointed deputy manager"; "She was charged with supervising the creation of a concordance"
- 3. appoint, equip, fit, fit out, outfit
- usage: furnish; "a beautifully appointed house"
All rights reserved.
See also: appoint (Dictionary)