Synonyms of appointed
- 1. appoint, name, nominate, constitute, establish, found, plant, constitute, institute
- usage: create and charge with a task or function; "nominate a committee"
- 2. appoint, charge
- usage: assign a duty, responsibility or obligation to; "He was appointed deputy manager"; "She was charged with supervising the creation of a concordance"
- 3. appoint, equip, fit, fit out, outfit
- usage: furnish; "a beautifully appointed house"
- 1. appointive (vs. elective), appointed, nominated, nominative, nonelective, non-elective, nonelected
- usage: subject to appointment
- 2. appointed, assigned (vs. unassigned)
- usage: selected for a job; "the one appointed for guard duty"
- 3. appointed, decreed, ordained, prescribed, settled (vs. unsettled)
- usage: fixed or established especially by order or command; "at the time appointed (or the appointed time")
- 4. appointed, furnished (vs. unfurnished), equipped
- usage: provided with furnishing and accessories (especially of a tasteful kind); "a house that is beautifully appointed"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of appointed (Dictionary)