Synonyms of approach
- 1. approach, attack, plan of attack, conceptualization, conceptualisation, formulation
- usage: ideas or actions intended to deal with a problem or situation; "his approach to every problem is to draw up a list of pros and cons"; "an attack on inflation"; "his plan of attack was misguided"
- 2. approach, approaching, coming, motion, movement, move
- usage: the act of drawing spatially closer to something; "the hunter's approach scattered the geese"
- 3. access, approach, way
- usage: a way of entering or leaving; "he took a wrong turn on the access to the bridge"
- 4. approach path, approach, glide path, glide slope, air lane, flight path, airway, skyway
- usage: the final path followed by an aircraft as it is landing
- 5. approach, approaching, movement, motion
- usage: the event of one object coming closer to another
- 6. overture, advance, approach, feeler, suggestion, proposition, proffer
- usage: a tentative suggestion designed to elicit the reactions of others; "she rejected his advances"
- 7. approach, approaching, coming, timing
- usage: the temporal property of becoming nearer in time; "the approach of winter"
- 8. approach, similarity
- usage: a close approximation; "the nearest approach to genius"
- 9. approach, approach shot, golf stroke, golf shot, swing
- usage: a relatively short golf shot intended to put the ball onto the putting green; "he lost the hole when his approach rolled over the green"
- 1. approach, near, come on, go up, draw near, draw close, come near, come, come up
- usage: move towards; "We were approaching our destination"; "They are drawing near"; "The enemy army came nearer and nearer"
- 2. border on, approach, approximate, come close
- usage: come near or verge on, resemble, come nearer in quality, or character; "This borders on discrimination!"; "His playing approaches that of Horowitz"
- 3. set about, go about, approach, act, move
- usage: begin to deal with; "approach a task"; "go about a difficult problem"; "approach a new project"
- 4. approach, come near, come, come up
- usage: come near in time; "Winter is approaching"; "approaching old age"
- 5. approach, address, accost, come up to
- usage: make advances to someone, usually with a proposal or suggestion; "I was approached by the President to serve as his adviser in foreign matters"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of approach (Dictionary)