Synonyms of appropriate
- 1. allow, appropriate, earmark, set aside, reserve, assign, allot, portion
- usage: give or assign a resource to a particular person or cause; "I will earmark this money for your research"; "She sets aside time for meditation every day"
- 2. appropriate, capture, seize, conquer, assume, usurp, seize, take over, arrogate
- usage: take possession of by force, as after an invasion; "the invaders seized the land and property of the inhabitants"; "The army seized the town"; "The militia captured the castle"
- 1. appropriate (vs. inappropriate), befitting, grade-appropriate, pat, proper, right, apropos, proper
- usage: suitable for a particular person or place or condition etc; "a book not appropriate for children"; "a funeral conducted the appropriate solemnity"; "it seems that an apology is appropriate"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of appropriate (Dictionary)