Synonyms of arch
- 1. arch, curve, curved shape
- usage: a curved shape in the vertical plane that spans an opening
- 2. arch, skeletal structure
- usage: a curved bony structure supporting or enclosing organs (especially the inner sides of the feet)
- 3. arch, archway, entrance, entranceway, entryway, entry, entree
- usage: a passageway under a curved masonry construction; "they built a triumphal arch to memorialize their victory"
- 4. arch, structure, construction
- usage: (architecture) a masonry construction (usually curved) for spanning an opening and supporting the weight above it
- 1. arch, curve, arc, bend, flex
- usage: form an arch or curve; "her back arches"; "her hips curve nicely"
- 1. arch, condescending, patronizing, patronising, superior (vs. inferior)
- usage: (used of behavior or attitude) characteristic of those who treat others with condescension
- 2. arch(prenominal), skilled (vs. unskilled)
- usage: expert in skulduggery; "an arch criminal"
- 3. arch, impish, implike, mischievous, pixilated, prankish, puckish, wicked, playful (vs. unplayful)
- usage: naughtily or annoyingly playful; "teasing and worrying with impish laughter"; "a wicked prank"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of arch (Dictionary)