Synonyms of arctic
- 1. Arctic, Arctic Zone, North Frigid Zone
- usage: the regions to the north of the Arctic Circle centered on the North Pole
- 2. arctic, galosh, golosh, rubber, gumshoe, overshoe
- usage: a waterproof overshoe that protects shoes from water or snow
- 1. north-polar, Arctic, polar (vs. equatorial)
- usage: of or relating to the Arctic; "the Arctic summer"
- 2. arctic, frigid, gelid, glacial, icy, polar, cold (vs. hot)
- usage: extremely cold; "an arctic climate"; "a frigid day"; "gelid waters of the North Atlantic"; "glacial winds"; "icy hands"; "polar weather"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of arctic (Dictionary)