- 1. arm, build up, fortify, gird
- usage: prepare oneself for a military confrontation; "The U.S. is girding for a conflict in the Middle East"; "troops are building up on the Iraqi border"
- 2. arm, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: supply with arms; "The U.S. armed the freedom fighters in Afghanistan"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. armed (vs. unarmed), equipped, weaponed, light-armed, militarized, militarised
- usage: (used of persons or the military) characterized by having or bearing arms; "armed robbery"
- 2. armed (vs. armless), armlike, brachiate, long-armed, one-armed
- usage: having arms or arms as specified; used especially in combination; "the many-armed goddess Shiva"
- 3. armed (vs. unarmed), barbed, barbellate, briary, briery, bristled, bristly, burred, burry, prickly, setose, setaceous, spiny, thorny, bristlelike, brushlike, thistlelike, clawed, taloned
- usage: (used of plants and animals) furnished with bristles and thorns
All rights reserved.
See also: armed (Dictionary)