Synonyms of aroused
- 1. arouse, elicit, enkindle, kindle, evoke, fire, raise, provoke, make, create
- usage: call forth (emotions, feelings, and responses); "arouse pity"; "raise a smile"; "evoke sympathy"
- 2. wake up, awake, arouse, awaken, wake, come alive, waken, change state, turn
- usage: stop sleeping; "She woke up to the sound of the alarm clock"
- 3. raise, conjure, conjure up, invoke, evoke, stir, call down, arouse, bring up, put forward, call forth, make, create
- usage: summon into action or bring into existence, often as if by magic; "raise the specter of unemployment"; "he conjured wild birds in the air"; "call down the spirits from the mountain"
- 4. stimulate, arouse, brace, energize, energise, perk up, affect
- usage: cause to be alert and energetic; "Coffee and tea stimulate me"; "This herbal infusion doesn't stimulate"
- 5. awaken, wake, waken, rouse, wake up, arouse, change, alter, modify
- usage: cause to become awake or conscious; "He was roused by the drunken men in the street"; "Please wake me at 6 AM."
- 6. arouse, stir, move
- usage: to begin moving, "As the thunder started the sleeping children began to stir"
- 7. arouse, sex, excite, turn on, wind up, stimulate, shake, shake up, excite, stir
- usage: stimulate sexually; "This movie usually arouses the male audience"
- 1. aroused, awakened (vs. unawakened)
- usage: aroused to action; "the aroused opposition"
- 2. stimulated, stirred, stirred up, aroused, excited (vs. unexcited)
- usage: emotionally aroused
- 3. aroused, wound up, tense (vs. relaxed)
- usage: brought to a state of great tension; "all wound up for a fight"
- 4. aroused, horny, randy, ruttish, steamy, turned on(predicate), sexy (vs. unsexy)
- usage: feeling great sexual desire; "feeling horny"
- 5. ablaze, aflame, aroused, passionate (vs. passionless)
- usage: keenly excited (especially sexually) or indicating excitement; "his face all ablaze with excitement"- Bram Stoker; "he was aflame with desire"
- 6. aroused, emotional, excited, worked up, agitated (vs. unagitated)
- usage: (of persons) excessively affected by emotion; "he would become emotional over nothing at all"; "she was worked up about all the noise"
All rights reserved.