WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ingenuous (vs. disingenuous), artless, candid, open, heart-to-heart, undistorted, naive#1, naif, sincere
- usage: characterized by an inability to mask your feelings; not devious; "an ingenuous admission of responsibility"
- 2. artless (vs. artful), careless, natural
- usage: simple and natural; without cunning or deceit; "an artless manner"; "artless elegance"
- 3. artless, unskilled (vs. skilled)
- usage: showing lack of art; "an artless translation"
- 4. artless, uncultivated, uncultured, unrefined (vs. refined)
- usage: (of persons) lacking art or knowledge
All rights reserved.
See also: artless (Dictionary)