Synonyms of ascertained
- 1. determine, find, find out, ascertain
- usage: establish after a calculation, investigation, experiment, survey, or study; "find the product of two numbers"; "The physicist who found the elusive particle won the Nobel Prize"
- 2. see, check, insure, see to it, ensure, control, ascertain, assure, verify
- usage: be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something; "He verified that the valves were closed"; "See that the curtains are closed"; "control the quality of the product"
- 3. determine, check, find out, see, ascertain, watch, learn
- usage: find out, learn, or determine with certainty, usually by making an inquiry or other effort; "I want to see whether she speaks French"; "See whether it works"; "find out if he speaks Russian"; "Check whether the train leaves on time"
- 4. ascertain, learn, hear, get word, get wind, pick up, find out, get a line, discover, see
- usage: learn or discover with certainty
- 1. ascertained, discovered, observed, determined (vs. undetermined)
- usage: discovered or determined by scientific observation; "variation in the ascertained flux depends on a number of factors"; "the discovered behavior norms"; "discovered differences in achievement"; "no explanation for the observed phenomena"
All rights reserved.