Synonyms of assassinated
- 1. assassinate, kill
- usage: murder; especially of socially prominent persons; "Anwar Sadat was assassinated because many people did not like his peace politics with Israel"
- 2. assassinate, defame, slander, smirch, asperse, denigrate, calumniate, smear, sully, besmirch
- usage: destroy or damage seriously, as of someone's reputation; "He assassinated his enemy's character"
- 1. assassinated, dead (vs. alive)
- usage: murdered by surprise attack for political reasons; "the 20th century has seen too many assassinated leaders"
All rights reserved.