Synonyms of assimilating
- 1. absorb, assimilate, ingest, take in, learn, larn, acquire
- usage: take up mentally; "he absorbed the knowledge or beliefs of his tribe"
- 2. assimilate, adjust, conform, adapt
- usage: become similar to one's environment; "Immigrants often want to assimilate quickly"
- 3. assimilate, change, alter, modify
- usage: make similar; "This country assimilates immigrants very quickly"
- 4. assimilate, imbibe, absorb
- usage: take (gas, light or heat) into a solution
- 5. assimilate, change
- usage: become similar in sound; "The nasal assimilates to the following consonant"
- 1. assimilating, assimilative, assimilatory, absorbent (vs. nonabsorbent), absorptive
- usage: capable of taking (gas, light, or liquids) into a solution; "an assimilative substance
All rights reserved.