Synonyms of associate
- 1. associate, peer, equal, match, compeer
- usage: a person who joins with others in some activity or endeavor; "he had to consult his associate before continuing"
- 2. companion, comrade, fellow, familiar, associate, friend
- usage: a friend who is frequently in the company of another; "drinking companions"; "comrades in arms"
- 3. associate, subordinate, subsidiary, underling, foot soldier
- usage: a person with subordinate membership in a society, institution, or commercial enterprise; "associates in the law firm bill at a lower rate than do partners"
- 4. associate, accompaniment, concomitant, attendant, co-occurrence
- usage: any event that usually accompanies or is closely connected with another; "first was the lightning and then its thunderous associate"
- 5. associate degree, associate, academic degree, degree
- usage: a degree granted by a two-year college on successful completion of the undergraduates course of studies
- 1. associate, tie in, relate, link, colligate, link up, connect, think, cogitate, cerebrate
- usage: make a logical or causal connection; "I cannot connect these two pieces of evidence in my mind"; "colligate these facts"; "I cannot relate these events at all"
- 2. consort, associate, affiliate, assort, interact
- usage: keep company with; hang out with; "He associates with strange people"; "She affiliates with her colleagues"
- 3. consociate, associate, unite, unify
- usage: bring or come into association or action; "The churches consociated to fight their dissolution"
- 1. associate(prenominal), subordinate (vs. dominant), low-level
- usage: having partial rights and privileges or subordinate status; "an associate member"; "an associate professor"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of associate (Dictionary)