- 1. consort, associate, affiliate, assort, interact
- usage: keep company with; hang out with; "He associates with strange people"; "She affiliates with her colleagues"
- 2. classify, class, sort, assort, sort out, separate, categorize, categorise
- usage: arrange or order by classes or categories; "How would you classify these pottery shards--are they prehistoric?"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. assorted, miscellaneous, mixed, motley, sundry(prenominal), heterogeneous (vs. homogeneous), heterogenous
- usage: consisting of a haphazard assortment of different kinds; "an arrangement of assorted spring flowers"; "assorted sizes"; "miscellaneous accessories"; "a mixed program of baroque and contemporary music"; "a motley crew"; "sundry sciences commonly known as social"- I.A.Richards
- 2. assorted, various, different (vs. same)
- usage: of many different kinds purposefully arranged but lacking any uniformity; "assorted sizes"; "his disguises are many and various"; "various experiments have failed to disprove the theory"; "cited various reasons for his behavior"
All rights reserved.
See also: assorted (Dictionary)