Synonyms of assuage
- 1. pacify, lenify, conciliate, assuage, appease, mollify, placate, gentle, gruntle, calm, calm down, quiet, tranquilize, tranquillize, tranquillise, quieten, lull, still
- usage: cause to be more favorably inclined; gain the good will of; "She managed to mollify the angry customer"
- 2. quench, slake, allay, assuage, meet, satisfy, fill, fulfill, fulfil
- usage: satisfy (thirst); "The cold water quenched his thirst"
- 3. relieve, alleviate, palliate, assuage, better, improve, amend, ameliorate, meliorate
- usage: provide physical relief, as from pain; "This pill will relieve your headaches"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of assuage (Dictionary)