Synonyms of attacking
- 1. attack, assail, contend, fight, struggle
- usage: launch an attack or assault on; begin hostilities or start warfare with; "Hitler attacked Poland on September 1, 1939 and started World War II"; "Serbian forces assailed Bosnian towns all week"
- 2. attack, round, assail, lash out, snipe, assault, knock, criticize, criticise, pick apart
- usage: attack in speech or writing; "The editors of the left-leaning paper attacked the new House Speaker"
- 3. attack, aggress, act, move
- usage: take the initiative and go on the offensive; "The Serbs attacked the village at night"; "The visiting team started to attack"
- 4. assail, assault, set on, attack
- usage: attack someone physically or emotionally; "The mugger assaulted the woman"; "Nightmares assailed him regularly"
- 5. attack, get down, begin, get, start out, start, set about, set out, commence
- usage: set to work upon; turn one's energies vigorously to a task; "I attacked the problem as soon as I got out of bed"
- 6. attack, affect
- usage: begin to injure; "The cancer cells are attacking his liver"; "Rust is attacking the metal"
- 1. assaultive, attacking(prenominal), offensive (vs. defensive)
- usage: disposed to attack
All rights reserved.