Synonyms of attempted
- 1. try, seek, attempt, essay, assay, act, move
- usage: make an effort or attempt; "He tried to shake off his fears"; "The infant had essayed a few wobbly steps"; "The police attempted to stop the thief"; "He sought to improve himself"; "She always seeks to do good in the world"
- 2. undertake, set about, attempt, initiate, pioneer
- usage: enter upon an activity or enterprise
- 1. attempted, unsuccessful (vs. successful)
- usage: tried unsuccessfully; "attempted murder"
All rights reserved.