Synonyms of attested
- 1. attest, certify, manifest, demonstrate, evidence, testify, bear witness, prove, evidence, show
- usage: provide evidence for; stand as proof of; show by one's behavior, attitude, or external attributes; "His high fever attested to his illness"; "The buildings in Rome manifest a high level of architectural sophistication"; "This decision demonstrates his sense of fairness"
- 2. attest, affirm, verify, assert, avow, aver, swan, swear
- usage: authenticate, affirm to be true, genuine, or correct, as in an official capacity; "I attest this signature"
- 3. testify, attest, take the stand, bear witness, declare
- usage: give testimony in a court of law
- 4. attest, show
- usage: establish or verify the usage of; "This word is not attested until 1993"
- 1. attested, authenticated, documented, genuine (vs. counterfeit), echt
- usage: established as genuine
All rights reserved.