Synonyms of augur
- 1. augur, auspex, prophet, prophesier, oracle, seer, vaticinator
- usage: (ancient Rome) a religious official who interpreted omens to guide public policy
- 1. bode, portend, auspicate, prognosticate, omen, presage, betoken, foreshadow, augur, foretell, prefigure, forecast, predict, bespeak, betoken, indicate, point, signal
- usage: indicate by signs; "These signs bode bad news"
- 2. augur, predict, foretell, prognosticate, call, forebode, anticipate, promise
- usage: predict from an omen
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of augur (Dictionary)