WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. autonomous, independent, self-governing, sovereign, free (vs. unfree)
- usage: (of political bodies) not controlled by outside forces; "an autonomous judiciary"; "a sovereign state"
- 2. autonomous, independent (vs. dependent)
- usage: existing as an independent entity; "the partitioning of India created two separate and autonomous jute economies"
- 3. autonomous, self-directed, self-reliant, independent (vs. dependent)
- usage: (of persons) free from external control and constraint in e.g. action and judgment
All rights reserved.
See also: autonomous (Dictionary)