WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. awaken, wake, waken, rouse, wake up, arouse, change, alter, modify
- usage: cause to become awake or conscious; "He was roused by the drunken men in the street"; "Please wake me at 6 AM."
- 2. wake up, awake, arouse, awaken, wake, come alive, waken, change state, turn
- usage: stop sleeping; "She woke up to the sound of the alarm clock"
- 3. awaken, affect, impress, move, strike
- usage: make aware; "They were awakened to the sad facts"
All rights reserved.
See also: awaken (Dictionary)