Synonyms of awed
- 1. awe, frighten, fright, scare, affright
- usage: inspire awe in; "The famous professor awed the undergraduates"
- 1. awed, awful, reverent (vs. irreverent)
- usage: inspired by a feeling of fearful wonderment or reverence; "awed by the silence"; "awful worshippers with bowed heads"
- 2. awed (vs. unawed), awestruck, awestricken, overawed
- usage: having or showing a feeling of mixed reverence and respect and wonder and dread; "stood in awed silence before the shrine"; "in grim despair and awestruck wonder"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of awed (Dictionary)