- 1. babble, babbling, lallation, gibberish, gibber
- usage: gibberish resembling the sounds of a baby
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. babble, talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise
- usage: utter meaningless sounds, like a baby, or utter in an incoherent way; "The old man is only babbling--don't pay attention"
- 2. babble, blather, smatter, blether, blither, chatter, piffle, palaver, prate, tittle-tattle, twaddle, clack, maunder, prattle, blab, gibber, tattle, blabber, gabble
- usage: to talk foolishly; "The two women babbled and crooned at the baby"
- 3. ripple, babble, guggle, burble, bubble, gurgle, sound, go
- usage: flow in an irregular current with a bubbling noise; "babbling brooks"
- 4. spill the beans, let the cat out of the bag, talk, tattle, blab, peach, babble, sing, babble out, blab out, unwrap, disclose, let on, bring out, reveal, discover, expose, divulge, break, give away, let out
- usage: divulge confidential information or secrets; "Be careful--his secretary talks"
All rights reserved.
See also: babble (Dictionary)