- 1. backhand, backhand stroke, backhand shot, return
- usage: a return made with the back of the hand facing the direction of the stroke
- 1. backhand, hit
- usage: hit a tennis ball backhand
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. backhand(prenominal) (vs. forehand), backhanded
- usage: (of racket strokes) made across the body with back of hand facing direction of stroke
- 2. backhand, left-slanting, written (vs. spoken)
- usage: (of handwriting) having the letters slanting backward
All rights reserved.
See also: backhand (Dictionary)