WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. slipstream, airstream, race, backwash, wash, flow
- usage: the flow of air that is driven backwards by an aircraft propeller
- 2. aftermath, wake, backwash, consequence, effect, outcome, result, event, issue, upshot
- usage: the consequences of an event (especially a catastrophic event); "the aftermath of war"; "in the wake of the accident no one knew how many had been injured"
- 3. wake, backwash, wave, moving ridge
- usage: the wave that spreads behind a boat as it moves forward; "the motorboat's wake capsized the canoe"
All rights reserved.
See also: backwash (Dictionary)