Synonyms of baffle
- 1. baffle, baffle board, plate
- usage: a flat plate that controls or directs the flow of fluid or energy
- 1. perplex, vex, stick, get, puzzle, mystify, baffle, beat, pose, bewilder, flummox, stupefy, nonplus, gravel, amaze, dumbfound, confuse, throw, fox, befuddle, fuddle, bedevil, confound, discombobulate
- usage: be a mystery or bewildering to; "This beats me!"; "Got me--I don't know the answer!"; "a vexing problem"; "This question really stuck me"
- 2. thwart, queer, spoil, scotch, foil, cross, frustrate, baffle, bilk, prevent, forestall, foreclose, preclude, forbid
- usage: hinder or prevent (the efforts, plans, or desires) of; "What ultimately frustrated every challenger was Ruth's amazing September surge"; "foil your opponent"
- 3. baffle, regulate, restrict, restrain, trammel, limit, bound, confine, throttle
- usage: check the emission of (sound)
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of baffle (Dictionary)