WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Bailey, Pearl Bailey, Pearl Mae Bailey
- usage: United States singer (1918-1990)
- 2. Bailey, Nathan Bailey, Nathaniel Bailey
- usage: English lexicographer who was the first to treat etymology consistently; his work was used as a reference by Samuel Johnson (died in 1742)
- 3. bailey, court, courtyard
- usage: the outer courtyard of a castle
- 4. bailey, rampart, bulwark, wall
- usage: the outer defensive wall that surrounds the outer courtyard of a castle
All rights reserved.
See also: bailey (Dictionary)