- 1. balance, equilibrate, equilibrize, equilibrise, match, fit
- usage: bring into balance or equilibrium; "She has to balance work and her domestic duties"; "balance the two weights"
- 2. balance, account, calculate
- usage: compute credits and debits of an account
- 3. poise, balance, hold, carry, bear
- usage: hold or carry in equilibrium
- 4. balance, be
- usage: be in equilibrium; "He was balancing on one foot"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. balanced (vs. unbalanced), counterbalanced, counterpoised, harmonious, proportionate, symmetrical, poised, self-balancing, stable, well-balanced
- usage: being in a state of proper equilibrium; "the carefully balanced seesaw"; "a properly balanced symphony orchestra"; "a balanced assessment of intellectual and cultural history"; "a balanced blend of whiskeys"; "the educated man shows a balanced development of all his powers"
All rights reserved.
See also: balanced (Dictionary)