- 1. band, tie, bind
- usage: bind or tie together, as with a band
- 2. ring, band, attach
- usage: attach a ring to the foot of, in order to identify; "ring birds"; "band the geese to observe their migratory patterns"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. banded (vs. unbanded)
- usage: identified with a band especially around a leg; "kept watch for the return of their banded birds"
- 2. banded, patterned (vs. plain)
- usage: marked with bands or strips of contrasting color or texture; "a banded rock"
- 3. banded, belted (vs. unbelted)
- usage: characterized by a band of especially white around the body; "banded cattle"
All rights reserved.
See also: banded (Dictionary)