- 1. banking, finance
- usage: engaging in the business of keeping money for savings and checking accounts or for exchange or for issuing loans and credit etc.
- 2. banking, finance
- usage: transacting business with a bank; depositing or withdrawing funds or requesting a loan etc.
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bank, tip
- usage: tip laterally; "the pilot had to bank the aircraft"
- 2. bank, enclose, close in, inclose, shut in
- usage: enclose with a bank; "bank roads"
- 3. bank, transact
- usage: do business with a bank or keep an account at a bank; "Where do you bank in this town?"
- 4. bank, act
- usage: act as the banker in a game or in gambling
- 5. bank, work, do work
- usage: be in the banking business
- 6. deposit, bank, give
- usage: put into a bank account; "She deposits her paycheck every month"
- 7. bank, cover
- usage: cover with ashes so to control the rate of burning; "bank a fire"
- 8. trust, swear, rely, bank, believe
- usage: have confidence or faith in; "We can trust in God"; "Rely on your friends"; "bank on your good education"; "I swear by my grandmother's recipes"
All rights reserved.
See also: banking (Dictionary)