- 1. bankrupt, insolvent, failure, loser, nonstarter, unsuccessful person
- usage: someone who has insufficient assets to cover their debts
- 1. bankrupt, ruin, break, smash, impoverish
- usage: reduce to bankruptcy; "My daughter's fancy wedding is going to break me!"; "The slump in the financial markets smashed him"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bankrupt, belly-up(predicate), insolvent (vs. solvent)
- usage: financially ruined; "a bankrupt company"; "the company went belly-up"
All rights reserved.
See also: bankrupt (Dictionary)