WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bankruptcy, failure
- usage: a state of complete lack of some abstract property; "spiritual bankruptcy"; "moral bankruptcy"; "intellectual bankruptcy"
- 2. bankruptcy, failure, insolvency
- usage: inability to discharge all your debts as they come due; "the company had to declare bankruptcy"; "fraudulent loans led to the failure of many banks"
- 3. bankruptcy, proceeding, legal proceeding, proceedings
- usage: a legal process intended to insure equality among the creditors of a corporation declared to be insolvent
All rights reserved.
See also: bankruptcy (Dictionary)