Synonyms of banned
- 1. ban, censor, outlaw, criminalize, criminalise, illegalize, illegalise
- usage: forbid the public distribution of ( a movie or a newspaper)
- 2. ban, forbid, prohibit, interdict, proscribe, veto, disallow, nix
- usage: prohibit especially by legal means or social pressure; "Smoking is banned in this building"
- 3. banish, ban, expel, throw out, kick out
- usage: ban from a place of residence, as for punishment
- 4. banish, ban, ostracize, ostracise, shun, cast out, blackball, expel, throw out, kick out
- usage: expel from a community or group
- 1. banned, prohibited, illegal (vs. legal)
- usage: forbidden by law
All rights reserved.