- 1. barrel, gun barrel, tube, tubing
- usage: a tube through which a bullet travels when a gun is fired
- 2. barrel, cask, vessel
- usage: a cylindrical container that holds liquids
- 3. barrel, drum, cylinder
- usage: a bulging cylindrical shape; hollow with flat ends
- 4. barrel, barrelful, containerful
- usage: the quantity that a barrel (of any size) will hold
- 5. barrel, bbl, United States liquid unit, British capacity unit, Imperial capacity unit
- usage: any of various units of capacity; "a barrel of beer is 31 gallons and a barrel of oil is 42 gallons"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. barrel, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: put in barrels
All rights reserved.
See also: barrel (Dictionary)