WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. radical (vs. cauline), basal
- usage: especially of leaves; located at the base of a plant or stem; especially arising directly from the root or rootstock or a root-like stem; "basal placentation"; "radical leaves"
- 2. basal, base, basic (vs. incidental)
- usage: serving as or forming a base; "the painter applied a base coat followed by two finishing coats"
- 3. basal, primary, essential (vs. inessential)
- usage: of primary importance
All rights reserved.
See also: basal (Dictionary)