Synonyms of basin
- 1. basin, vessel
- usage: a bowl-shaped vessel; usually used for holding food or liquids; "she mixed the dough in a large basin"
- 2. basin, basinful, containerful
- usage: the quantity that a basin will hold; "a basinful of water"
- 3. basin, natural depression, depression
- usage: a natural depression in the surface of the land often with a lake at the bottom of it; "the basin of the Great Salt Lake"
- 4. river basin, basin, watershed, drainage basin, catchment area, catchment basin, drainage area, geographical area, geographic area, geographical region, geographic region
- usage: the entire geographical area drained by a river and its tributaries; an area characterized by all runoff being conveyed to the same outlet; "flood control in the Missouri basin"
- 5. washbasin, basin, washbowl, washstand, lavatory, sink
- usage: a bathroom sink that is permanently installed and connected to a water supply and drainpipe; where you can wash your hands and face; "he ran some water in the basin and splashed it on his face"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of basin (Dictionary)