- 1. bass, pitch
- usage: the lowest part of the musical range
- 2. bass, bass part, part, voice
- usage: the lowest part in polyphonic music
- 3. bass, basso, singer, vocalist, vocalizer, vocaliser
- usage: an adult male singer with the lowest voice
- 4. sea bass, bass, saltwater fish
- usage: the lean flesh of a saltwater fish of the family Serranidae
- 5. freshwater bass, bass, freshwater fish
- usage: any of various North American freshwater fish with lean flesh (especially of the genus Micropterus)
- 6. bass, bass voice, basso, singing voice
- usage: the lowest adult male singing voice
- 7. bass, musical instrument, instrument
- usage: the member with the lowest range of a family of musical instruments
- 8. bass, percoid fish, percoid, percoidean
- usage: nontechnical name for any of numerous edible marine and freshwater spiny-finned fishes
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bass, deep, low (vs. high), low-pitched
- usage: having or denoting a low vocal or instrumental range; "a deep voice"; "a bass voice is lower than a baritone voice"; "a bass clarinet"
All rights reserved.
See also: bass (Dictionary)