- 1. baste, basting, basting stitch, tacking, sewing stitch, embroidery stitch
- usage: a loose temporary sewing stitch to hold layers of fabric together
- 2. basting, moistening, dampening
- usage: moistening a roast as it is cooking
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. baste, moisten, wash, dampen
- usage: cover with liquid before cooking; "baste a roast"
- 2. clobber, baste, batter, beat, beat up, work over
- usage: strike violently and repeatedly; "She clobbered the man who tried to attack her"
- 3. baste, tack, sew, run up, sew together, stitch
- usage: sew together loosely, with large stitches; "baste a hem"
All rights reserved.
See also: basting (Dictionary)