Synonyms of baulk
- 1. balk, baulk, area, expanse, surface area
- usage: the area on a billiard table behind the balkline; "a player with ball in hand must play from the balk"
- 2. hindrance, hinderance, deterrent, impediment, balk, baulk, check, handicap, difficulty
- usage: something immaterial that interferes with or delays action or progress
- 3. rafter, balk, baulk, beam
- usage: one of several parallel sloping beams that support a roof
- 1. resist, balk, baulk, jib, disobey
- usage: refuse to comply
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of baulk (Dictionary)