- 1. beam, smile
- usage: smile radiantly; express joy through one's facial expression
- 2. shine, beam
- usage: emit light; be bright, as of the sun or a light; "The sun shone bright that day"; "The fire beamed on their faces"
- 3. beam, express, show, evince
- usage: express with a beaming face or smile; "he beamed his approval"
- 4. air, send, broadcast, beam, transmit, publicize, publicise, air, bare
- usage: broadcast over the airwaves, as in radio or television; "We cannot air this X-rated song"
- 5. glow, beam, radiate, shine, look, appear, seem
- usage: have a complexion with a strong bright color, such as red or pink; "Her face glowed when she came out of the sauna"
- 6. glow, beam, radiate, shine, feel, experience
- usage: experience a feeling of well-being or happiness, as from good health or an intense emotion; "She was beaming with joy"; "Her face radiated with happiness"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. beaming, glad, cheerful (vs. depressing)
- usage: cheerful and bright; "a beaming smile"; "a glad May morning"
- 2. beaming, proud (vs. humble)
- usage: pleased and proud; "beaming parents"
- 3. beaming, beamy, effulgent, radiant, refulgent, bright (vs. dull)
- usage: radiating or as if radiating light; "the beaming sun"; "the effulgent daffodils"; "a radiant sunrise"; "a refulgent sunset"
All rights reserved.
See also: beaming (Dictionary)