Synonyms of bear down
- 1. drag down, bear down, bear down on, press down on, weigh down, press
- usage: exert a force with a heavy weight; "The snow bore down on the roof"
- 2. bear down, overbear, compress, constrict, squeeze, compact, contract, press
- usage: contract the abdominal muscles during childbirth to ease delivery
- 3. charge, bear down, rush
- usage: to make a rush at or sudden attack upon, as in battle; "he saw Jess charging at him with a pitchfork"
- 4. bear down, contend, fight, struggle
- usage: exert full strength; "The pitcher bore down"
- 5. bear down, stress, emphasize, emphasise, punctuate, accent, accentuate
- usage: pay special attention to; "The lectures bore down on the political background"
- 6. bear down, charge, saddle, burden
- usage: exert a force or cause a strain upon; "This tax bears down on the lower middle class"
- 1. beardown(prenominal), strong (vs. weak)
- usage: with full strength; "his beardown performance in the exhibition game"
All rights reserved.